drank DUPLICATE by Art of Tea

This smelled nice and looked like dried whole flowers—Pretty much as the name implied. I brewed it up in my glass measuring cup so I could watch the flowers unfold. It was quite a pretty show and made me realize why some people have clear glass teapots. Now I’m thinking of getting one myself. It was a lovely meditative moment just sitting there watching the flowers unfurl in the water and catching that delicate scent. Making hot tea is one of those things that forces you to slow down and live in the now. It was very nice contemplating the pretty flowers in the water and waiting for the tea to be done.

It seemed kind of a shame to have to strain the pretty petals out afterwards (that pretty much destroyed them), and downright irreverent to dump them in my compost bucket. I kind of hated to do so, but you have to taste the tea eventually and I suppose it’s one of those things to add to my meditations…an awareness of the impermanence of all things.

It tasted…delicate…flowery… a little grassy, with a sweet honeyish implication. It’s nice—not an assertive flavor I would seek out and lust after, but a pleasant taste to reminisce and relax to while I reflect on the memory of those pretty flowers in my measuring cup. This is the sort of tea I would get a glass teapot for so I could drink one cup while I sit and meditate upon the flowers floating in the bottom of my teapot. Maybe write some haiku or something.

Nice review!

ashmanra

I believe these are used to alleviate migraines, yes?

Terri HarpLady

I like to sometimes drink ‘from the flowers’ (that’s what my grandaughter said once, and I loved it) in the late afternoon when I want more tea, but not more caffeine.

Some people do drink it for headaches, but I believe it’s main activity is on the lung meridian & it is used medicinally for bronchial issues, another reason I drink it, as I have a tendency towards weaknesses in that area.

And I like the taste!

Comments

Terri HarpLady

Nice review!

ashmanra

I believe these are used to alleviate migraines, yes?

And I like the taste!

I write stories, entertain kids with various clown skills and play the harp.

Oh, and I drink tea. Well of course I do. Why else would I be hanging around here?

Rogers, AR