My latest Bluebird order arrived today and I’ve already tried all of them! Apart from the sample, which was of a tea that I already have so I suppose it doesn’t count. This was the last one I tried, as my bedtime drink to replace the Berry Blues from Adagio that I finished last week.

The dry mix is overwhelming strawberry. It smells very strong, and reminds me of a block of jelly/jello before you add the hot water to it. This tea looks AMAZING in the bag, it’s so pretty with huge chunks of strawberry and other fruits, and sunflower petals. I’m kinda sad that I bought this so early in the year, it just makes me wish it was summer already to look at it. It also makes it kinda difficult to get an equal amount of ingredients in each spoonful though, so that could be a downside. It could also be a plus, though, as I can’t really get bored of a tea which is slightly different each time. Steeped, it turns a deep reddish colour, which I was a little surprised at, thinking it was going to be a pale infusion. On second thoughts, the colour is probably down to the hibiscus. The smell is also insane – exactly like jelly once you’ve added the hot water! Which is very fitting considering the smell beforehand. Still so so strawberry.

I have read a couple of reviews of this tea that noted a lack of strawberry flavour, but I honestly have no idea where they got that from! Maybe Bluebird changed their recipe? Whatever the reason, my first sip is pure strawberry jam. Like, it’s as if I have just dipped a spoon in strawberry jam and shoved it right in my mouth. A little tart, but nowhere near as much as I had expected considering the lemonade aspect, and actually I can’t taste or smell the lemons at all. Regardless, it is a lovely hot fruity tea.

I added a spoon of sugar to compare with the berry blues tea I used to drink (which needed two, because hibiscus) and it instantly becomes super sweet. Now, it actually tastes like strawberry jelly! But hot, and liquid… Still no sign of the citrus aspect, which is disappointing, but this is an amazing strawberry tea. I have a feeling it would also be great iced in the summer, and that this might bring out the ‘lemonade’ more. Maybe I just got a disproportionate amount of strawberry in this cup? I’ll have to wait and see.

Not my favourite fruit tea – Berry Blues is a tough act to follow – but a close second, and one which I will be happy to drink as a replacement.

Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 225 ML

Hi. I first got into loose leaf teas when a friend of mine showed me Cara’s Sherlock fandom blends on Adagio a couple of years back, but they weren’t on sale in the UK so I started trying other kinds instead and have been hooked for over a year.

I mainly drink black teas, and they make up the majority of my collection, but I am expanding my horizons and trying to include a variety of other teas, too. Flavoured blacks are my favourites, but I’m trying to include natural teas too. I will update my likes and dislikes as I discover more about my palate, but for now:

Tea-likes: a lot of different things, but my absolute favourites are caramel, chestnut, chilli, raspberry, coconut, and really fruity teas

Tea-dislikes: vanilla, ginger, coriander/cilantro and cardamom

I am a 19 year old student, studying English Literature and hoping to go into publishing one day! I stopped drinking alcohol only a few months after becoming old enough to drink it, and don’t miss it one bit. Other than drinking, hoarding and reviewing tea, my hobbies include reading, doing quizzes and puzzles, TV quiz shows (about the only things I watch regularly, unless Sherlock or Doctor Who is on), basketball (NBA, both the video game and actual sport – Chicago Bulls fan, and playing with my university girls’ team. I also watch my partner play, as he’s on the men’s team) and football/soccer (just watching – a lifelong supporter of Sunderland AFC).

I should probably also mention my tea-rating system, which seems to be much harsher than others I’ve seen on here. It’s not always concrete, but I’ll try to define it:

• 50 is the base-line which all teas start at. A normal, nothing-special industrial-type black teabag would be a 50.

• 0 – 49 is bad, and varying degrees of bad. This is probably the least concrete as I hardly ever find something I don’t like.

• I have never given below a 20, and will not unless that tea is SO bad that I have to wash my mouth out after one sip.

• This means most teas I don’t enjoy will be in the 30 – 50 range.

• 51+ are teas I enjoy. A good cup of tea will be in the 50 – 70 range.

• If I rate a tea at 70+, it means I really, really like it. Here’s where the system gets a little more concrete, and I can probably define this part, as it’s rare for a tea to get there.

• 71- 80: I really enjoyed this tea, enough to tell somebody about, and will probably hang onto it for a little longer than I perhaps should because I don’t want to lose it.

• 81 – 90: I will power through this tea before I even know it’s gone, and will re-order the next time the mood takes me.

• 91 – 100: This is one of the best teas I’ve ever tasted, and I will re-order while I still have a good few cups left, so that I never have to run out.

I am always happy to trade and share my teas with others, so feel free to look through my cupboard (which should be up to date) and message me if you’re interested in doing a swap!

I tend to ramble. Sorry.