drank Honeybush Mango by Adagio Teas

I thought I’d try this after sipping Butiki’s Mango Lassi earlier in the week. Today was snowy, bitterly cold, and therefore perfect for sipping and reading, and the Honeybush Mango seemed like a really good fit for these activities! I didn’t get all the way up to the recommended 212F because I was really impatient, but it worked out just fine: the tea has a definite ‘tea’ note, particularly up front, but sweetness, too (granted, this is my first honeybush—I like rooibos a lot and this seemed like another good choice).

There seems to be a bit of sweet sunshine-ness in this (if that makes sense), especially on the finish, and I don’t add sweetener to my teas very often; the sweetness is not overwhelming or hyper-mango, but it is good! Definitely a keeper. Also, one mug cooled a bit (hey, I’m reading a really good book)—it’s good cold, too! So this would be marvellous iced as well.

Driving people nuts with my insistence on good water during photo shoots for far too long. My family does not understand my need for loose-leaf tea, and I have tired of trying to explain other than just handing them a cup.

My tea comes along with me from sea to shining sea—as a documentary photographer, I get to enjoy a great deal of travel photographing the country and my especial joy, classic cars. Leaving our pets—collie Benedict and cats Buckley & Lucy—behind is a bit tough, but they are at least happy to see us come home!

The open road, USA.