drank Creamy Eggnog by Butiki Teas

Butiki included this as a sample with my order. The first Chinese tea I’ve ever tried, I had no idea what to expect but popped it in the tea teapot while keeping my husband—working late from home Sunday night—company. So for not having ANY idea what it would be like, I enjoyed it! It wasn’t as “eggnog” as I expected (I’m a "Make-That-Eggnog-At-Home-From-Scratch Alton Brown kinda gal, not the store-bought excremental eggnog kinda girl), but even so, it’s quite good.

Definitely picked up on the “creamy” aspect; there is a mild sweetness with vanilla notes that I enjoyed a great deal. This tea smells very good! It seemed to have a slightly “oily” mouthfeel, if that makes sense. Again, it’s not really eggnog-like, but it’s good and light, and I might buy it next time around, definitely! I drank it straight, no sweeteners or cream/milk; it also gave me really nice flavour for three steeps (obviously lighter on the last one especially).

Driving people nuts with my insistence on good water during photo shoots for far too long. My family does not understand my need for loose-leaf tea, and I have tired of trying to explain other than just handing them a cup.

My tea comes along with me from sea to shining sea—as a documentary photographer, I get to enjoy a great deal of travel photographing the country and my especial joy, classic cars. Leaving our pets—collie Benedict and cats Buckley & Lucy—behind is a bit tough, but they are at least happy to see us come home!

The open road, USA.