drank Sweet Lemon Drop by Teaopia

What a full bodied citrus smell! It’s the first thing you notice about this tea, and I like it! One thing I notice after steeping was that the lemon peel gave it that light citrus kick from the oils and the lemon granules gave it the sweet, tartness that lemons are associated with, but only slightly. The black tea was nice and wasn’t overpowered at all from the flavours, which I appreciate a lot. I would add a lemon wedge to each cup to bring out the flavour even more, because it seems to die a bit once it starts to cool. I would definitely drink this iced and sweetened! What a pleasant, simple tea!

4 down – 496 to go!

Growing up in an Irish family, tea was a staple. A huge, wide mug with lots of milk and sugar. Still to this day I find complete comfort in a nice cuppa Irish tea. But nowadays I have come to appreciate the quality and craftsmanship that goes into tea. I had my first cup of loose leaf Japanese green tea when I was 16 at a pretty fancy (and expensive) Japanese restaurant. After the first sip, I fell in love.

Since then, I’ve been slowly collecting different teas, some of which have been lost to friends, family and ex’s. But I still seem to stock up.

So because of this love and appreciation, I’ve decided to set myself a tea tasting goal! 1000 different teas by my 25th birthday January 12th, 2015. With the help of samples from various tea shops, a tea journal, Steepster account, Tumblr blog and a few tea parties (with tea alcohol and food of course) I plan on accomplishing this goal! You can see my progress on my Steepster account! Cheers and lets get this caffeine induced coma going!

Buying tea can be expensive, I always appreciate samples! :)

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada