The smell of this one knocked my socks off! Gingery and spicy and earthy. A sneeze or two later, and I’m totally ready to drink it!

Once this is brewed, I am very much reminded of DavidsTea’s The Skinny. Which is suppose isn’t surprising, given that that is also an orange-ginger-pu’erh blend. How come I didn’t think of that when I was ordering? I guess I was blinded by the promise of elderberries. Anyway.

This is a very dark looking cuppa. And the scent is gently earthy, not overpoweringly musty like some pu’erhs I’ve put my nose into. I’m really new to pu’erhs, so this is a nice introduction. The flavour is earthy, with a citrus and ginger twist. It has a fuller body than The Skinny, and a more complex flavour. I don’t know that I can taste the elderberry specifically, but maybe it is what adds that other layer of complexity.

Overall, a very enjoyable cup. I can see myself reaching for this one after a rich dinner, or on cold afternoons.

Spoonvonstup

Yay! I think this is a great start for a self-intro to pu’er. Did you grab any of the chrysanthemum blend too? That’s a nice, sparkly, clean one.
If you like this one and want to dive into straight pu’er, I love suggesting the Peacock Village. It has similar flavors with this blend, but naturally.

Comments

Spoonvonstup

Calgary, Canada