Still sick, unfortunately, so again I’m waiting to rate the tea until I can actually smell.

Dry, the leaves smell strongly of fresh peach (dare I say Fuzzy Peach candies?) and black tea, with a little ginger. Brewed for 3 minutes, the tea is a lovely reddish colour, and still smells of peach.

I tasted it without sweetener, but it was a little bitter/astringent (honestly I can’t tell the difference right now) for me. I’ll have to try it cold brewed without sweetener in the summer, as that might be tastier than iced. After adding a little honey and soy creamer, this is exactly the tea I was after when I purchased it. A little warmth from the ginger, more of a smell of peach than a taste (possibly due to my cold), and a nice black tea that holds up well to my favoured additives. Yay!

Kittenna

I feel your pain. I’m sick with a cold too, and as of today my sense of smell is nearly gone, which sucks because I mostly brought new-to-me teas home, which now of course I don’t want to drink since I can’t smell them! Should have packed some flavourful standbys as well, sigh.

OMGsrsly

I’m drinking new stuff, just for the sake of drinking new stuff! I just hope the cold goes away soon so I can actually start enjoying it all, especially since my tea order should be here this week.

Kittenna

Hahaha, fair enough! I kind of have been too, because I can’t resist! But I’m trying to choose strongly flavoured teas so maybe they taste like something!

Comments

Kittenna

OMGsrsly

Kittenna

After sending my first box to the USA, bubble-envelope swaps are where it’s at.

Vancouver, BC, Canada