I was Christmas shopping on Granville Island and decided to stop in and see what they had for strawberry black teas. This is the one that was recommended to me, and I trusted the salesperson as all I could tell is that the tea was a bit sweet and fruity. I’m really annoyed with this cold!

I’ve had it a couple times, and although the lemon addition means it’s not quite as strawberry-y as I wanted, it’s pretty good. I just made up a mug, and now that I’m not as sick I can taste and smell the lemon. I oversteeped at ~4 minutes and it’s turned a little bitter, so I’ll have to remember to do a 3 minute steep in the future. After adding a touch of honey and a splash of soy creamer, it’s tastier… but it’s still not exactly what I was looking for. I really wanted a black tea with a strong, natural strawberry flavour for strawberry tea lattes. One with no raspberry leaves in it!

Edit: As my smell comes back even more, this tea is more lemony than strawberry-y. There’s a scent of strawberries, but the taste is more a delicate fruity lemon tea. Nice, but totally not what I wanted. Rating stays, because it’s a nice flavour. I probably won’t repurchase it, though.