drank Citrus Lavender Sage by Teavana

I’m feeling better, so I went out tea shopping today with the goal of finding some non-caffeinated tisanes to drink in the evening.

This one? Yum. Dry, this tea is intensely citrus with a delicate floral note from the lavender, and barely any sage that I can tell. The smell is amazing. I’d totally buy candles or a shampoo that smelled like this.

Steeped, the citrus comes out even more. I can distinguish that the floral scent is lavender. I still can’t tell that there’s sage, but it’s not surprising since my nose is still a little stuffed up. Drinking it, I don’t need to add honey. The flavour isn’t the same as the smell – it’s much more delicate – but it doesn’t taste bad compared to the smell like so many fruity or herbal teas can do. The lavender comes out in the back of my throat, and it’s predominantly the citrus and lavender that I taste. Of course, I’m sipping this alongside my chocolate Earl Grey cake, so YMMV.

I’m actually really pleased with this one. It’s a nice fruity evening tisane that doesn’t have any hibiscus overpowering it. I’ll probably try it with honey even though it doesn’t need it, and I think it’d be pretty good iced as well. Something to try when it gets a little warmer out.

Oh yeah. When I got it home I dumped it out onto a clean cutting board and chopped up all the gigantic pieces. Now it measures much easier! 1 tbsp in 16oz water.