This tea smells so strongly of cinnamon and spices, it’s almost ridiculous. I think I was attracted to it because it reminds me of Silk Road Golden Phoenix, but I don’t like it as much. Possibly due to the inclusion of hibiscus and apple, which makes the tea a little tart. This time I rinsed it for 5 seconds, then steeped for 3 minutes. I had to add 1 tsp of honey to tone down the tartness. I think that if it weren’t for the hibiscus, this would actually be a new favourite tea.

I’d be happy sitting here sniffing the tea all day, but I’m actually trying to drink it. I think it’s another tea that will get finished, but instead of getting this one again I’ll place an (expensive!) order at Silk Road and get more Golden Phoenix.

After sending my first box to the USA, bubble-envelope swaps are where it’s at.

Vancouver, BC, Canada