These Jasmine pearls are HUGE. I’m used to the tiny little green tea pearls, so this was a bit of a shocker.

Steeped per the package (3 balls in 1 cup water), the first go was very floral, with that bit of astringency I expect from most black teas. It was fun sitting there watching the balls unfurl! This tea doesn’t need sweetener or milky stuff as it didn’t become bitter, but I greatly prefer black teas with something in them. The second steep I’ve added a bit of honey, and I like it a bit better. For some reason, adding milk to a jasmine tea just doesn’t work in my head. I might try it though, because this has the potential to make an excellent tea latte.

These aren’t bad by any means, just not completely to my taste. If you love your black teas without milk and/or sugar, then this would probably be a good tea for you. I think I like Jasmine green tea pearls better, so upon considering the cost I don’t think I’m going to buy more of this one. (Though if someone gave me some as a gift I certainly wouldn’t say no!)

(Edit: 1 month later, I gave what I had left to a friend who loves jasmine tea. If I want some I can just go to her house and have a cup!)