drank Vanilla Orchid by DAVIDsTEA

This tea is kinda interesting. It smells so good, like fresh vanilla beans, and that scent and flavour carries through brewing. I did a 10 second rinse and a 1 minute steep for the first batch… and unfortunately, I’m not completely sold. I do like it, the tea is very mild and sweet, and the vanilla flavour is true. But I don’t love it, and I don’t think I’ll get more of this tea.

I noticed when I brewed it that there are a lot of tiny broken bits of tea leaves in what I received, and even though I strained it, it’s becoming stronger and a little bitter as it sits.

I have a feeling that I prefer flavour in my black teas, and that I like the taste of the oolongs and puerhs (that I have) better on their own.