drank Black Dragon Pearls by Tealux

Pretty tasty black tea. It’s especially fun to brew this in a clear container, to watch the leaves unfurl.

Like most black teas, I’m drinking this with honey and “creamer”. The flavour is deep, but not extremely strong. I used 5g of tea in 12 oz water, which is pretty standard for me now that I have a scale.

It’s not bitter, not too astringent, and actually tastes pretty good without the additions. The second steep is also delicious, but I can’t be bothered to try a third – I’d rather move on to a different flavour profile.

I’m not sure that I’d go out of my way to keep this tea in my cupboard, but I’m definitely enjoying what I have, and if I do another order from Tealux this will make the re-order list. Unfortunately, I can’t imagine needing to order more tea for many, many months at this point.