drank Vanilla Orchid by DAVIDsTEA

Hmm. I’m still not convinced about this tea. It’s nice, but something about the vanilla flavour rubs me the wrong way I think.

Today I did a 30 second rinse, then a 1 minute steep. I strained it, but I think I need to use one of my finer strainers, as there are lots of wee bits of green in the bottom of my cup. I’m going to try another steep, but my hopes aren’t up. As I ended up with 60g of this, I’ll work on drinking it all up (and maybe try to give some of it away!), but definitely won’t repurchase.

(Edit: Ok, I like the second steep much better, as the oolong comes through a bit more. Maybe I’ll just call it “two rinses” and try it that way next time.)