I infinitely prefer later steeps of this tisane. I’m sipping a first steep right now that was 3 minutes, and that is still too long for me. The vanilla is very boozy and in my face, there isn’t a lot of almond flavour, and it’s almost bitter the chicory is so strong. It brewed up super dark/strong in only three minutes. Next time I start fresh I’ll try 2 minutes.

The more resteeps I do, though, the more I like it. The last time I did 5 steeps (dumping the first long steep), and enjoyed all of them. And resteeps are good because this stuff is heavy and therefore somewhat expensive! I might dump out this first steep and do another for 3 minutes.