YES. New teas! WOO!

This was the third tea I sniffed, and the first I decided to try. (I also sniffed chocolate covered strawberry and oatmeal raisin cookie.) Dry, it smells sugary and spicy. Not particularly like pumpkin pie, but definitely of spiced fall baking. Steeped it also smells of delicious spiced baking. The leaves are in pieces, but the pieces are big. I still kept the steep length on the shorter side, and the water temperature a bit cooler. It was off the boil for a couple minutes, so temp is an estimation (as always).

Because there’s candy in this, I just added a bit of creamer. Oh my, this is delicious. The tea flavour isn’t as strong as I’d like it to be, probably due to my shorter steep and cooler water, but the spices are just perfect. It reminds me of a masala chai, but the scent and taste is much more “baked good” than just spices.

Yum! I’ll have to try this with a longer steep. I think I’ll also do a second steep to see what I think. So far, so good.