So weird. I generally don’t love green teas, but I actually really like this one.

Steeped as directed, Western style, it is smooth and vegetal, and a little sweet as well. It has a bit of a seaweed flavour, but nothing too over the top, and there’s a bit of the roasty flavour the Laoshan Black has. The roasty flavour is very subdued here though. This would make an excellent genmaicha, as the roasty green flavours would compliment the toasted rice really well.

I don’t drink a lot of green tea, but this is one I would definitely purchase again, especially if I only needed one more tea to make the free shipping limit. Yum!