Purchased this one at the tea meet in Victoria yesterday. :) Mine is loose-leaf.

It’s a nice black tea, but the maple flavour is really mild. I was hoping for a stronger maple flavour. Oh well. The tea has a good black base, takes a little milk and sugar well, and I will definitely drink it all. It’s not likely I will repurchase, though.

1 heaping tsp in 12 oz water. (I couldn’t find brewing instructions on this one. Hmm.)

Chizakura

Haha, darn. I got all excited when I saw this note hoping for an end all maple flavored black tea. I’m an absolute FIEND when it comes to maple. FIEND. xD

OMGsrsly

Sorry! I don’t know if the store doesn’t have great turnover so it’s a little old, or if the tea just isn’t very mapley. Do you have any recommendations for decent maple black teas?

Karys

Have you tried Steam’s maple black?

Kittenna

I think I ordered one or two maple blacks from Tealux recently – will try to drink and log them asap so you know if they’re good or not!

OMGsrsly

Oh, thanks Karys! I hadn’t realized they have a Maple Black. I’ll have to check it out.

And thanks, Kittenna. I’d love to know what you think of them. I want to make another Tealux order this summer sometime… :)

Comments

Chizakura

Karys

Have you tried Steam’s maple black?

Kittenna

OMGsrsly

After sending my first box to the USA, bubble-envelope swaps are where it’s at.

Vancouver, BC, Canada