drank Japanese Sour Cherry by Silk Road

I had forgotten how good this tea is, and am now kicking myself for only picking up a small tin. Oh well. I can always ‘borrow’ some from my BFF, who got a refill for her ginormous tin. :)

This green tea is so smooth and delicate. The “sour cherry” is reminiscent of sour cherry blasters, but MUCH more delicate and floral. It’s excellent both hot and iced, although the flavour comes out a bit more as the tea cools. If I had more, I’d bring some to work as this tea is perfect just on its own.

Fjellrev

I really need to get some of this too! My friend bought some to class the other week and it smelled amazing.

OMGsrsly

I remember the flavour being a lot more powerful, but honestly, this is perfect. And ShayneBear suggested making iced tea by just putting ice over the tea leaves in a container and waiting for it to melt. I can hardly wait for it to be warmer so I can try that!

Fjellrev

Oh yeah, that sounds fantastic! I can tell just by the smell of the dry leaf that it would make an amazing iced tea.

Amariel

The first time I had this tea, it was a gift given to me by a Japanese co-worker of mine when she went back home as her work visa was expiring.

OMGsrsly

Memories. :) I remember when all the sample tins at Silk Road were $1.99. Much easier on a student budget!

Comments

Fjellrev

Amariel

OMGsrsly

After sending my first box to the USA, bubble-envelope swaps are where it’s at.

Vancouver, BC, Canada