drank Grapefruit Dragon by Butiki Teas

So. My first dragonwell and my first grapefruit tea, courtesy of CrowKettle.

I was warned to be careful with this tea (and a few others) since I don’t like bitter, so I only did a 2 minute steep, and I used much cooler water than suggested.

When steeping, this doesn’t smell much like grapefruit, but now that I’m sitting at my desk with my nose in the mug, I can smell the flavour. It’s much more delicate than I was expecting, but then again, the other flavoured tea company I’ve targeted is Della Terra, and they do extremely flavoured blends!

Sipping this? Yum. I think it’ll get even better as it cools. The flavour is how grapefruit essential oil smells, but from a distance and in low quantity. The tea provides a really nice background, even though I’m not sure I would love a dragonwell tea on its own – I tend to be rather picky with plain green teas.

I look forward to drinking this iced (maybe I’ll do that tonight, and bring it with me tomorrow!), and finishing what I received.

Yay! Tea!

Edit: Even more grapefruity as I sip while eating caramel corn! I have to try this with a little sugar. Mmm.

mine! :)

OMGsrsly

Haha! Thanks to Sil, as well! (I totally need to do a Butiki order now.)

how have you NOT yet! gasp stacy’s teas are awesome sauce

OMGsrsly

Sadly I have no money. :( I’m a student with no full-time job prospects when I finish in… 2 weeks. Thankfully it’s also my birthday in 2 weeks, so I’ll be ordering with birthday money. :)

CrowKettle

This is probably one of my favourite teas, although I can’t drink it all the time. I find that Dragonwell is usually more forgiving with oversteeping than other greens, with exception of the DT Dragonwell.

OMGsrsly

Good to know! I’ve set the leaves aside for a resteep tomorrow morning. Should be good in the travel mug with a pinch of sugar.

Fjellrev

I NEED to order this next time I order from Stacy!

Comments

mine! :)

OMGsrsly

Haha! Thanks to Sil, as well! (I totally need to do a Butiki order now.)

how have you NOT yet! gasp stacy’s teas are awesome sauce

CrowKettle

Fjellrev

I NEED to order this next time I order from Stacy!

After sending my first box to the USA, bubble-envelope swaps are where it’s at.

Vancouver, BC, Canada