Robust, from CrowKettle. Yes, I have all my highly scented samples sitting in a box on the counter, and I’m starting to randomly grab them in the morning. I must say it looks a bit suspect to have all these random tin foil packets in baggies with post-it notes!

This one is good, and yes it tastes kind of like vanilla pudding. I think I prefer the caramel matcha, though. I haven’t had a cream filled pastry in years (gluten and lactose intolerant!), and I kinda forget what they taste like.

As a latte with unsweetened almond milk and some sugar.

(I am working on a map with notes of all the Vancouver tea places, in preparation for meetups. Whee! Things to do when procrastinating on math.)

oh man that would be awesome fun. I miss vancouver

OMGsrsly

I love it here. I’m trying very very hard to not have to go away for more school. Going to try to make it work with what I have.

Fjellrev

That’s awesome that you are doing that! I may be in Vancouver in July? It’s hard to tell, but Vancouver must be an adventurous maze when it comes to tea.

Did you get lemon from this one?

OMGsrsly

Hmm. Maybe a bit of lemon in the aftertaste, but I did put vanilla sugar in it today (I mean, Bavarian cream = pastry = vanilla!). I have a serving left, so I’ll make that one with plain sugar.

OMGsrsly

Also, yes. Definitely a maze. I’m emailing companies, even, because their websites say they exist but I don’t remember seeing them…

Fjellrev

Vanilla sugar + matcha sounds wonderful. :)

I can’t imagine how many tea houses Vancouver has.

OMGsrsly

A lot. I’ve been to very very few of them. :)
http://goo.gl/maps/yzAd6 This is just the ones I’ve mapped so far. I’m sure there are more.

Cavocorax

Wow. That seems like it would be difficult to organize. Have you guys set a date yet?

OMGsrsly

Ahh, no. I need to actually visit some places so I know what kinds of seating and stuff they have. I’m thinking it’ll just be a meet, sit, drink tea and have some nibbles (not high tea because $$$), swap. It’s too difficult to have a tea crawl without cars, or lots of transit time.

OMGsrsly

(I am totally willing to organize a transit-based tea crawl at some point. Just thought that meeting everyone in a less stressful environment would be best first!)

Comments

oh man that would be awesome fun. I miss vancouver

Fjellrev

Did you get lemon from this one?

Fjellrev

Vanilla sugar + matcha sounds wonderful. :)

I can’t imagine how many tea houses Vancouver has.

OMGsrsly

A lot. I’ve been to very very few of them. :)

Cavocorax

OMGsrsly

After sending my first box to the USA, bubble-envelope swaps are where it’s at.

Vancouver, BC, Canada