drank Strawberry Cream by Zen Tea

Edit: Apparently this is the same as the one by Zen Tea, as Zen Tea seems to be zentealife.com. Just FYI.

O tea, are you the strawberry tea of my dreams?

So far, sniffing it in the bag and sniffing it as it brews, I’m hopeful but not 100% pleased. Of course, my ideal might never be achieved by a tea, so I will be happy with “really really close.”

This company has free shipping in BC (right now at least) so I ordered ~$20 of samples to see what they were like, and to increase the stock of random herbals in my cupboard. Their samples are 20-50g depending on the tea, and they also included 2 smaller samples in my order. Yay!

I used 1 tsp per 8 oz cup, and almost boiling water. I accidentally steeped closer to 3 minutes than 2.5, so my initial (sans additives) taste was a little astringent. I added a little soy creamer and a tiny pinch of sugar.

And… I over steeped it. Still drinkable, but 2-2.5 minutes would be infinitely preferable.

The base isn’t super strong, and the flavouring is a lot more understated than Della Terra. I do like the flavour, so I hope I can come up with the perfect steeping parameters!

Cavocorax

I can’t believe I ordered 12 samples but it was just SUCH A GREAT DEAL.

OMGsrsly

I KNOW. I didn’t think I had ordered THAT much (10 + 2 samples!), but I opened my wee box and it was packed full! Just FYI, this seems to be the same as Zen Tea on Steepster. I am not moving this review, but I’ll be posting other reviews as “Zen Tea” teas!

Chizakura

Glad you’re getting closer to your ideal strawberry tea! :D

And free shipping in BC!? … Trying … to resist … I’ve been ordering so much lately, I need to reign it in, but … D:

OMGsrsly

Free! Shipping! So awesome.