Even though they can be quite astringent, I really like Assam teas. This one is no exception. Steeped according to directions (1 tsp, 8 oz, 3 min, 203-ish F), this tea is really nice. Yes, there’s some astringency, but the flavour is rich and deep and I like it. Next time I will try a 2.5 min steep to see if I can avoid the astringency entirely.

With no astringency, this is a black tea I could enjoy without milk or sugar! (I added 1/8 tsp sugar and a tiny splash of soy creamer after I tasted the tea.)

I’ll have to do a side-by-side comparison of this and the other Assam teas I have, to see if I can figure out which I like better, and why.

Cavocorax

So far this is my favourite Assam, but I stil haven’t tried the one from my Butiki order.

OMGsrsly

I usually get the CTC Assams that are in wee little balls, so this is quite a departure from the norm!

Comments

Cavocorax

OMGsrsly

After sending my first box to the USA, bubble-envelope swaps are where it’s at.

Vancouver, BC, Canada