drank Black Manas by Teajo Teas

I received this generous sample from Teajo Teas (whee!).

This tea is very strong and hearty, and very different from the other Assams in my cupboard. Sticking my nose into the package and taking a big whiff, this is the smell I associate with a strong black tea! The Hathikuli Estate Assam I have from Steam Tea House is more floral and sweeter, while the Assam Mangalam from Zen Tea doesn’t smell nearly as strong as either.

Brewed, I immediately added 1/4 tsp sugar to my 16 oz mug, as well as a splash of soy creamer. The tea is strong with a very mild dryness and no bitterness. This is a breakfast tea for me, rather than an afternoon tea. I hope it does well in a travel mug!

I think my favourite is still the Hathikuli Estate Assam, but the Black Manas is a close second in my sampling of 3 Assam teas! Not really representative, so that must mean I need to try more teas.

(I definitely want to try some flavoured teas now. From what I understand, their flavoured teas have this base. Wow! That is definitely up my alley.)

Chizakura

This sounds really good! :) Kinda wish I did that sample offer they had now too. I was just afraid of sideways glances from all of my tea parcels this past month…

OMGsrsly

I might be biased because I gravitate towards Assam teas. :) I used to always get those little balled up CTC ones at bulk food stores, but full leaf ones are so much better!