drank Marco Polo by Mariage Frères

So the notes on this one are that it’s a “floral and fruity black tea”. Again, from CrowKettle.

Dry, it doesn’t smell like much, but as soon as I added the water, the fruity and floral scents started coming through. More of a general berry scent, really. I can’t identify anything specific, although I’m holding out for strawberry flavours!

And I can already tell, just taking the basket out of my mug, that it’s oversteeped at 3 minutes with non-boiling water. Sigh. Foolish, finnicky teas.

Oh man. If I hadn’t almost ruined this cup I’d get strawberries. Not strong, and more the smell of growing strawberries – blossoms and ripening fruit – than the STRAWBERRY flavour I’m looking for in a black tea.

Hopefully I remember to steep for 2:30 next time. This has potential (But yeah. Really expensive.)

CrowKettle

Yeah, this one is very finicky. I still haven’t worked out the perfect way to make it yet. The leaves are cut so I try to treat it like a bagged tea or a green sometimes.

OMGsrsly

Good (expensive) teas shouldn’t be so terribly finnicky! :) Oh well. It’s unlikely I’ll ever do an order from them, so that’s fine. I still have to try the Yuzu one, but since it’s a green I need to get out my thermometer…

ashmanra

This one is really lovely when you get everything just right. I have found Anna’s Blend from Tin Roof Teas to be similar enough to fill this one’s shoes without requiring any special handling, it is easy peasy, ready to pleasy! :)

Comments

CrowKettle

OMGsrsly

ashmanra

After sending my first box to the USA, bubble-envelope swaps are where it’s at.

Vancouver, BC, Canada