My BFF came over for dinner before, err, swimming (yeah, we’ll call it swimming) tonight, and I made us this tea.

I’ve found it works best if you let it steep with a lid. If you don’t, the delicious licoricey basily spicy clovey taste of the tulsi (don’t worry, licorice haters, it’s not like licorice root!) disappears.

We both enjoyed a cup of this. I think I need more. Maybe even a tin! I haven’t found a tulsi tea without licorice and/or mint at a local shop yet…

Ceylon Star

Next time you come to town I’ll be sure to take you back to Georgie’s :)

I do believe, though, that the Tulsi blends are Tea Affaire and most of the others that Georgie’s stocks are Metropolitan Tea Company. Just fyi :)

OMGsrsly

I found the other teas on the Metropolitan site, but I didn’t know about Tea Affaire. Thanks!!

Ceylon Star

No problem! i just picked up 2 different tulsi blends when I took Heather out there, and both were Tea Affaire (though my two were boxes from the shelf below the stuff you got, so might be different, and I don’t have my tin of “stress relief” tulsi mix handy to look, but I know it was the same shelf as yours :) )

OMGsrsly

Yep yep, it’s Tea Affaire! I found it at the Banff Tea Company as well, but it’s $16 for 100g plus shipping. So I emailed Tea Affaire to find out if there’s a retailer in Vancouver.

OMGsrsly

Haha. Yes, I’d found the website. :) I added it to their steepster listing!

OMGsrsly

Or maybe I didn’t add them to Steepster. So confused.

Comments

Ceylon Star

Next time you come to town I’ll be sure to take you back to Georgie’s :)

OMGsrsly

Haha. Yes, I’d found the website. :) I added it to their steepster listing!

OMGsrsly

Or maybe I didn’t add them to Steepster. So confused.

After sending my first box to the USA, bubble-envelope swaps are where it’s at.

Vancouver, BC, Canada