drank Gold Rush (organic) by DAVIDsTEA

Since this was on sale at my local DavidsTea, I picked up a couple packets. I think I need to go get more. MOAR TEA! That’ll be a nice walk tomorrow (3k each way!).

ahem

I got a scoop of tea in a bag in my mug at the store, and have refilled it about 5 times now. Using boiling water is almost too much, as the few white tea leaves do give off a lot of bitter. However, the fruit and coconut are so freaking sweet, it’s almost a nice counter point. This is an excellent work tea for me as all I need is boiling water. I have no idea what this tastes like. Coconut and berries? Kinda. Nuts and sweet fruit? That’s probably more like it. It seems vague to me, but also quite tasty.

Yes, the top of the water gets a little oily from the coconut chunks, but it’s manageable in my glass mug and cuppow lid (Make sure you tighten it a lot or it will leak!). The flavouring is quite in your face, but once the berries wake up (2nd steep) I really like it a lot. I’ll probably use the iron-shut poly bags I have for this tea, so I can get full use of it. The paper bag broke part way through the day, so I’ve been straining random chunks out with my teeth. Heh. Not my favourite.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more