drank Honeydew Mate by DAVIDsTEA

Yeah, another tea I picked up today. The 2/$5 really sucked me in.

Anyways. I really dislike honeydew. I will eat around it in fruit salad, and leave the sad green blocks on my plate or in my bowl. So why did I pick this up? Because apparently when it’s hot I get sucked into all things melon. I even had a slice of watermelon today, when usually I pass. Weird.

The smell is definitely floral, ripe, honeydew melon. Dry it has more scent than when steeped. Tasting it, it’s floral, ripe melon. It’s rather sweet, and reminds me of those melon milk candies I find at the Asian market.

It’s, uhh, not my favourite. Mostly because I don’t like what it’s flavoured as. If it was cantaloupe, I’d be all over it. The background flavours work really well together with the melon. That being said, I will happily drink this one up. It’s another tea that will be excellent at work, as all it requires is hot water. I’ve already transferred most of the tea into iron-shut tea bags, ready to bring with me tomorrow. I won’t buy more, though. Why did it have to be honeydew?