It’s been warm here. When I went to get laundry supplies at 9pm, the thermometer in the car said “27C!!” as though it was a good thing.

The only way that was a good thing is it was 27C because it had cooled down significantly from earlier in the day.

Needless to say, I’ve been guzzling iced tea. I’ve had 4 cups each of Pink Passionfruit (David’s) and Pink Lemonade (Murchies), and now I’m having this rooibosy weirdness they call “Lemon Myrtle”. This is on top of my normal caffeinated drinks, although I forgot about the iced coffee I have in the fridge. Cold brew coffee is the only kind my body tolerates well, and I broke down and made some.

Anyways. Back to this tea.

It’s so freaking refreshing. I like it best when it’s seriously overleafed and steeped an “Oh shoot I forgot about that!” amount of time, but 7 minutes will do. The orange peel, lemon myrtle and rooibos combine to give an incredibly weird, medicinal flavour that I really like. You’ll note I haven’t changed my rating, because I still look at the ingredients and the loose tea and think, “I actually want to drink this? Ugh.” But then I do, and it’s just what I want, somehow.

Now that I have a giant canning jar full of this, iced, I will go back to washing my hang to dry laundry, in the hopes of using it as a swamp cooler to make sleeping bearable.

JustJames

apparently tomorrow will continue to be ghastly but the rest of the week will be more normal. or so says the app on my iphone.

OMGsrsly

At least my corner at work is so cold I usually use a heater. It should be pretty normal tomorrow! :)