drank Maharaja Chai Oolong by Teavana

I cold steeped a bunch of this in soy milk for 2 days.

It’s pretty good. Mostly cinnamon and cardamom, but there’s a few other flavours lurking in the background.

I wouldn’t necessarily recommend a milk steep for this tea (it’s also incredibly sweet. Wow.), but it was a fun experiment. I’ll have to try something else at some point. Maybe Florence from Harney and Sons? Hmm…

JustJames

i mixed this one with their samurai chai… it was great! never thought of cold steeping in milk…. hmm.

OMGsrsly

It’s less tea, more cinnamon and cardamom. 1 day would have been fine, but I put some stuff in front of it in the fridge and forgot to drink it yesterday!

JustJames

oh no! lol, you must have been channeling me!

OMGsrsly

:D I do it all the time. With fruity teas I find the flavours don’t change as much after 1 day.

Oh, have you tried cold steeping a puerh yet? If not, take some used leaves and leave them in some water overnight. It’s really really cool.

ashmanra

I LOVE cold steeped puerh! It is so refreshing.

OMGsrsly

ashmanra, I need more puerh teas to try cold steeping. :) Do you have any recommendations?

sweeTEApie

I’m a newbie, and this cold steeping thing sounds pretty good! How can I cold steep this chai in milk? Thanks in advance for any advice. :)

OMGsrsly

For any tea, instead of hot liquid use cold, and keep it in the fridge. You’ll have to taste it every few hours to determine how long to leave it. Every tea is different, and every set of tastebuds is different. I usually leave mine overnight.

sweeTEApie

Thx! I’m going to try this tonight :)

IHateMyself

I’m late to this party… but had I known this… I would’ve cold steeped mine last night.
Hmmm…

In milk that is.

OMGsrsly

It’s my favourite way to have this one, but generally I’m not a huge fan of this chai.

Comments

JustJames

JustJames

oh no! lol, you must have been channeling me!

ashmanra

I LOVE cold steeped puerh! It is so refreshing.

sweeTEApie

Thx! I’m going to try this tonight :)

Hmmm…

In milk that is.

OMGsrsly

After sending my first box to the USA, bubble-envelope swaps are where it’s at.

Vancouver, BC, Canada