drank With Open Eyes by Butiki Teas

I think I might have enough of this tea now. :)

I decided to open up the first package tonight, and was surprised when I immediately shook out 3 giant strawberry slices. I put one in my steeper, then grabbed leaves and other bits from closer to the bottom of the package.

I steeped at about 175-180 for 2 minutes. I added a little sugar while steeping, because I want sweet comforting things.

This tea does not disappoint. It’s even better than I remember it being, if that’s possible. Delicate strawberry, the warmth of the ginger, the buttery dragonwell. The toffee is even more delicate, but goes so well with the buttery tea flavour.

I’m even going to do a second steep tonight (which is why I only did 2 mins to start).

Amariel

It’s very very tasty. I enjoyed my resteep yesterday.

OMGsrsly

More toffee as it cools, too. I’m going to have to make some and stick it in the fridge. :) It’s nice at room temp, but I think it’d be better cold.

Sounds lovely!

P.S. Got the package today and thank you so much for the samples, and of course, handling the Butiki order! Your samples pwn mine. :/ Remember, if you want to try more of anything, just say so. :)

OMGsrsly

Yay tea! Not a problem. :) At this point I have So Much, sharing is the best option!

Cavocorax

Eeeee! I can’t wait to visit Sil and grab mine!

And Incendiare – don’t worry about your samples. :) They were great. Perfect size for quick sipdowns.

Fjellrev

Aww, you guys. And the bear stamp is ADORABLE.

Cavocorax

Hahah. Glad you liked it. That was such a great birthday present. My friend drew the bear and showed it to me on twitter as a test for my reaction, but I had no idea that she was using it to design a stamp. :P Very sneaky.

Amariel

Ummmm, if you want to share more of this tea with me, I uhhh, wouldn’t say no. :P Sipdowns be damned, heh. :P

OMGsrsly

I think I’ll use it up pretty fast! I made extra this morning and put it in the fridge for after work, and it’s divine. Too late to drink it right now, though. I need to stop consuming caffeinated tea after 6, and I didn’t get home till almost 7!

Comments

Amariel

It’s very very tasty. I enjoyed my resteep yesterday.

Sounds lovely!

Cavocorax

Eeeee! I can’t wait to visit Sil and grab mine!

Fjellrev

Aww, you guys. And the bear stamp is ADORABLE.

OMGsrsly

After sending my first box to the USA, bubble-envelope swaps are where it’s at.

Vancouver, BC, Canada