drank Strawberry Oolong by Butiki Teas

So Incendiare had this tea and called it minty. Since I have some left, I thought I’d see if I could analyze a tea through my cold!

The tea is almost overwhelmingly floral oolong. I have quite a few lavender petals in my tea, but the flavour isn’t coming off as strong lavender. More green garden and flowers with some – almost – lemon balm in the background.

As it cools I see where I could get strawberry from it – the leaves and hints of sweet fruit. But it isn’t at all overwhelmingly strawberry. I’ve managed to pick out other flavours of teas – H&S Fruits D’Alsace, Kusmi St. Petersburg – so I know I can taste and smell some.

As it cools even more, yes, there is more lavender. But it’s still more “English Country Garden” than POW!lavender.

I do like it the way it is (this tea is on my re-order list!), but I’m wondering if we did indeed get the lavender-y batch.

Butiki Teas

Sounds like you may have. I can send you out some of the current batch if you like or just add it in for free when you reorder?

OMGsrsly

I would really like to try it, but I’m not sure when I’ll be able to place another order. It might be a couple months. If Incendiare hadn’t said anything, I wouldn’t have thought anything of it, and continued drinking the tea, thinking it was a country garden in June, with all the flowers blooming and berries ripening. :)

Fjellrev

Ah, maybe what happened was my portion got scooped out near the top and that’s why I had a severe lack of lavender since all/most of it fell to the bottom. And lemon balm is another note that totally makes sense as a description.

Comments

Butiki Teas

OMGsrsly

Fjellrev

After sending my first box to the USA, bubble-envelope swaps are where it’s at.

Vancouver, BC, Canada