I got a couple samples of this tea in my first Teavivre order… I didn’t realize I’d be the first one reviewing it, though!

I would say that everything they say is true. It has a strong smell, the flavour turns to sweetness, and it stays in your mouth.

There is no fishy odour, which is very nice.

Generally I think I prefer a more “forest loam” tasting straight puerh. This one tastes as I would expect a puerh to taste… which doesn’t say much, as I’m still learning about them. There is certainly nothing about this tea that makes me dislike it, and I’m really enjoying my steeps this morning.

1 – rinsed twice for ~5 seconds each
2 – 1 minute steep with approximately half the sample pack and about 175ml water
3 – I cheated on my tea and had a small mug of coffee
3.b – 1 minute steep, the flavours are more… even, and the colour is darker as the pieces are starting to fall apart. I’d almost call the tea “smokey” at this point.

And now I have to head out to the post office, and pop into work for a bit. Depending on how late it is when I get home, I’ll continue the tasting!