drank Eggnog & Pralines by Butiki Teas

This will be interesting.

My migraine is mostly under control, so I’m going for green teas instead of more matcha, black tea, or coffee. I also had a really heavy dinner (roasted squash and yams, and ribs pasta), so something light yet really flavourful would be good.

Generally green teas aren’t a favourite of mine. However, this one is pretty darn good. It smells like toasted hazelnuts, nutmeg, cookies baking, and feels quite creamy.

Adding a little sugar and milk made it look REALLY awful in my new glass mug, but whatever. It tastes pretty good! I think the praline flavour is making it taste more like genmaicha to me, which is a green tea I generally like.

So, even though I probably wouldn’t rush out and buy more, I’m really glad I had a chance to try this one, and I’m going to savour the rest of the teensy bag. But maybe not in a clear mug. :)

Fjellrev

For me, flavoured greens are so damn tricky. I’m such a picky little whiner when it comes to them. So I’d probably feel the same way about this.

OMGsrsly

:D For a green, it’s great… but I’d still rather have a black tea or a tisane.

Amariel

Yeah, I liked it too. If she makes it permanent, or limited edition/semi-permanent, I might get some, because it has body for a green, and hearty enough for me in winter when I rely on blacks in the morning.

Comments

Fjellrev

OMGsrsly

:D For a green, it’s great… but I’d still rather have a black tea or a tisane.

Amariel

After sending my first box to the USA, bubble-envelope swaps are where it’s at.

Vancouver, BC, Canada