A sample from the lovely MissB.

Sadly this isn’t for me. I tried it, the flavours aren’t flavours I want to drink, and it has been added to my brother’s Christmas present.

MissB

Ah, that sucks. I hope he enjoys them at least!

Whispering Pines Tea Company

This blend was actually discontinued very shortly after MissB got it. I’ve been going back to some of my original teas from when I began the company (and didn’t understand tea as much) and either changing the blends or removing them entirely. Blackburnian Tea was the last of the original teas to be discontinued in the “Great Purge”.

OMGsrsly

I don’t think it was bad, per se. More that it just isn’t a tea that I like. :)

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Yeah…though “not bad” and “artfully crafted” are a big difference ;) I’ve given up “just okay” blends :)

MissB

Oh, wow! I got this just recently, too. Good to know.

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Yep yep! In fact, here’s is a list of blends recently discontinued: Cinnamon Rooibos, Irish Mint, Velvet Chai, Coco Blanco, Formosa Oolong, Blackburnian Tea, and Mountain Nectar. These will all remain special order, though. I’ve always found it upsetting when a company discontinues something I loved and I’ll never be able to get it again – so I keep a file of old blend recipes for people that may want them in the future :)

Don’t worry though, this simply makes room for improving current blends and developing new ones! :D

Comments

MissB

Ah, that sucks. I hope he enjoys them at least!

OMGsrsly

I don’t think it was bad, per se. More that it just isn’t a tea that I like. :)

MissB

Oh, wow! I got this just recently, too. Good to know.

Whispering Pines Tea Company

After sending my first box to the USA, bubble-envelope swaps are where it’s at.

Vancouver, BC, Canada