It, umm, smells like I’ve stuck my face in a spruce tree out in the forest. Cold, icy, woody, frozen tree pitch. I haven’t had the yabao before, so I’m not sure what part is giving me this scent.

When I think of snickerdoodle, I think of a vanilla cookie that has been rolled in cinnamon sugar then baked. Is that not what a snickerdoodle is? That’s not what this tea is.

The tea tastes like the forest. All bundled up on a crisp winter day, pushing through the forest, looking for the perfect tree. It’s quite herbal under there too, almost medicinal. Quite earthy, as well. And I feel the warmth of the ginger.

So. Weird.

Dexter

As per Wikipedia “A snickerdoodle is a type of cookie made with butter or oil, sugar, and flour rolled in cinnamon sugar.” So yes, you are correct that’s what a snickerdoodle is. Sorry this tea doesn’t live up to it’s name…

NofarS

Verdant’s Yabao has that pine taste. Try Norbu tea’s Yabao for a sweet, baked bread tea.

JustJames

@NorbuS that’s a handy tidbit!

OMGsrsly

Ooh. I have some of the yabao from Norbu. I’ll have to try it soon. :)

keychange

‘looking for the perfect tree’ You made me laugh!

OMGsrsly

Umm. I just realized how that might come across. Christmas tree!

Comments

Dexter

NofarS

JustJames

@NorbuS that’s a handy tidbit!

OMGsrsly

Ooh. I have some of the yabao from Norbu. I’ll have to try it soon. :)

keychange

‘looking for the perfect tree’ You made me laugh!

OMGsrsly

Umm. I just realized how that might come across. Christmas tree!

After sending my first box to the USA, bubble-envelope swaps are where it’s at.

Vancouver, BC, Canada