MissB has problems with oolongs, so she kindly shared a few samples with me. This is one of them.

Dry, it smells intensely of orange peel. Steeped, the ORANGE backs off a bit and I can smell a honey sweetness in the base tea.

This is amazing. The tea is really complex. There’s layers of spice, hay, honey, and lastly and (interestingly) most delicately, orange. It has a touch of a smoky/toasty note, but the barest touch. Just enough to bring more depth.

I am REALLY enjoying this. I steeped slightly cooler than recommended as is my preference, and will steep this as many times as I possibly can tonight. NGL, it is a rather expensive tea. Still, I could see buying it in the future. It is just that good.

I will update the note as things change in future steeps!

I’m on the third steep now, for 3 minutes. So. Amazing. Sweet, toasty but not toasted, not quite thick but not thin either. A little more woody.

Fourth steep at 200F for 5 minutes is stronger again. Still nice and sweet, woody toasty flavours in the background.

Thanks so much!

Flavors: Honey, Orange Zest

MissB

So glad you’re enjoying it! Definitely more expensive than most teas, although he does bill many of them of being able to re-steep 8-10+ times.

OMGsrsly

I saw that. This one apparently 6 times? I’m going to have to increase the time again for my 4th steep. I wonder what would happen if I just left it overnight? :)

Comments

MissB

OMGsrsly

After sending my first box to the USA, bubble-envelope swaps are where it’s at.

Vancouver, BC, Canada