I went to a health food store today, and noticed they had marshmallow leaves. Of course, I had to buy them. I mean, it was ~3 cups worth for only $5! That 3 cups is only 50g. This stuff is super light and fluffy.

First thing I did was add some to my chamomile homebrew sleepy tea. There’s chamomile, lemongrass, fennel, lavender, possibly marshmallow root, maybe even other things in there. I don’t remember, and I don’t feel like going back through my random steepings to figure it out. It’s just a bunch of stuff I don’t mind thrown together in not very well measured amounts.

This is nice. Really nice. It’s not as thin as it usually is. Even though I still can’t really taste anything, I get the impression of sweetness.

But, uhh, I have 3 cups worth. That’s a lot. What else should I do with it?

Edit: My last note came up when I posted. So this blend is:
- chamomile – lemongrass – lemon myrtle – marshmallow root – fennel – lavender, and now marshmallow leaves!

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Courtney

I love marshmallow leaves!

Butiki Teas

What about using a little vanilla extract or maybe some mint leaves or orange peel.

TeaBrat

what a lovely creation :)

CHAroma

What do marshmallow leaves taste like?

OMGsrsly

CHAroma, right now I can’t tell since I have a cold. Delicate flavours are missing me completely!

Butiki, how about powdered vanilla beans? Mmm… I’ll have to play around. A vanilla orange marshmallowy tea would be tasty.

Comments

Courtney

I love marshmallow leaves!

Butiki Teas

TeaBrat

what a lovely creation :)

CHAroma

What do marshmallow leaves taste like?

OMGsrsly

After sending my first box to the USA, bubble-envelope swaps are where it’s at.

Vancouver, BC, Canada