This review is going to be done in my new yixing teapot from teavivre so some of the points I’m making will be about the teapot.

Dry smell: This tea has a very nice dry smell. It has no fishiness. It is lighter and sweeter smelling than various other puerhs I’ve tried. It has a light aroma of wet tree bark and a dough like smell.

Taste: This tea has a nice dry flavor. I can sense a woody flavor and also a wet earthy flavor. It is a lot darker flavor than I expected. Although it is not sweet like it smelled, it has no astringency and is very smooth. I can still taste what I sensed as the doughy smell. It tastes like a cracker. This is a nice smooth Puerh and I’ll be ordering more soon.

Wet smell: The wet smell is a lot like the dry smell, it is just lacking the sweet scent. The pot adds a deep earthy smell

What the pot does: I drank this tea a couple times before I got my yixing pot from my gaiwan. I was somewhat skeptical of how much the yixing would actually affect the flavor but there is a notable difference. It gets rid of the natural sharpness the tea has and flattens it out. I can tell it is absorbing some of the flavor because it is slightly lighter, and I am very excited to see what the pot provides after it is fully seasoned.

Boiling

Good one!

Thanks :)

mrmopar

a good tea from the menghai factory. the v93 is a favorite of mine.

Insence&Tea

Mmhmm, it’s really good. I’m excited to see how it progresses in my yixing pot. After a month or so using it I’ll probably do a side by side comparison review with the pot and my gaiwan.

mrmopar

i have these v93s going all the way back to 2007. i liked the 2010 so much i got a 250 gram toucha of it. i do believe you will really enjoy this one.it is a great choice of a pu-erh.

mrmopar

not trying to be a pain , but here is a listing on ebay for a 2008 v93 for 5.49 with free shipping. item number 251173631204

sorry i bargain shop!

Bonnie

Hi mrmopar! So where did you get your tangerine puerh? I saw them on yunnan sourcing but no shipping to the usa.

mrmopar

bonnie i think they actually came from jerry ma on ebay. if i remember right.

Insence&Tea

It’s not a pain at all, I always appreciate recommendations. And yes I seasoned the pot right after unboxing it.

mrmopar

yay! good pu in a good pot. uh, oh that sounds funny.

Haha, it sure does.

seule771

Hi,
I am depressed as always but laughed at reading this. I have no good wares as yet. Perhaps next year if I am around. This post reminded me that I have some Pu-erh (xingyang 2007 Shu Puerh from Verdant Tea) to get to. I have some Toucha from Tea Vivre to get to as well. The review was a lovely read, if you don’t mind me saying so. I am depressed always since poor and in collection with loans defaulted etc. So the world is not nice place for me. I review tea, not good but I try. Good work/review.

mrmopar

seule a good cuppa always helps me wind down and forget the troubles of the day. i hope you can also do the same. i just forget about it all focus on the warmth and aroma and taste of the tea in my hands.

Comments

Bonnie

Good one!

Thanks :)

mrmopar

a good tea from the menghai factory. the v93 is a favorite of mine.

sorry i bargain shop!

mrmopar

bonnie i think they actually came from jerry ma on ebay. if i remember right.

mrmopar

yay! good pu in a good pot. uh, oh that sounds funny.

Haha, it sure does.

seule771

Hi,

mrmopar

I’m new to the high quality tea world and eager to get started tasting and enjoying a whole new world of flavor. I’m a high school senior, 18 years old, and have been an avid tea drinker my whole life. Previously I would drink generic tea bags. Recently I have been getting into Gong Fu Cha and loose leaf teas. Not only do I enjoy the flavors, but the ceremony is a nice way to relax and unwind after a hard days work. I aspire to try many different teas and meet others from the tea community. If anyone has any teas they would be willing to send as samples I would be very thankful to you for helping expand my tea knowledge and pallet.

Washington State