I can’t sleep and I’m bored — probably not wise to drink a black tea at 1 AM, but I don’t care. I’m in the mood for something tasty.

Saigon Chai is a pretty decent chai tea. I like it better than Coco Chai Rooibos only because coconut is such a strong flavor in most of the DavidsTeas I’ve had. I don’t feel like coconut in January. Not today at least… Saigon Chai is very nice. I am on a second steep and I left it in a little too long so it is sort of astringent. I enjoyed the first steep a little more which was only about 4 minutes. It’s just a nice, warming cup of chai. I taste clove and cinnamon immediately, and then as I swallow the tea I feel the bite of the peppercorn. I do like the peppercorns in DavidsTea chai. The first sip you definitely feel the bite of them (not like an atomic firebomb… it’s a nice bite) — it’s very warming. Also cloves… I pick up clove immediately only because I am partial to the scent and flavor. This is great… nothing TOO unique, but I’m glad I received the sample of this. I always get chai samples though…. Sigh.