drank Wuyi Ensemble by Adagio Teas

This is my first Wuyi oolong so I can’t really judge its quality or how it compares to other Wuyis but here goes…

I feel overwhelmed by flavor. Especially in the first infusion. It’s like drinking dirt mixed with burned wood and decomposed fruit. It’s very earthy, strong and sweet. I can’t pick out any particular fruit but the sweetness is cloying with the lasting aftertaste. I spent some time trying to figure out what exactly it is and the closest I get is canned sweet corn. I love sweet corn and can eat it right out of a can but it just doesn’t seem to work well in tea.

On the positive side the leaves keep going even after the 3d infusion and I might actually get a few more out of them but I’m stopping here.

Will I be trying more Wuyi? Absolutely but I’ll stay away from this one.

I’ve been drinking loose leaf tea all my life. I always take tea plain without adding any sweetener or milk to it. Would love to swap for tea, feel free to contact me about it.

Teas Ratings: