drank Golden Monkey Black Tea by Teavivre

Got my Teavivre order today. :O Not sure why I seemed to get it before everyone else though…that’s kinda weird. Oh well.
I haven’t tried many teas from Teavivre, so the teas I bought were kinda a risk. But I have heard so much about them that I figured I’d take that risk and buy a lot since it was at such a good price and I got two gift cards, so might as well spend them!
When I opened the bag a wave of cocoa and chocolate hit me. Which was a good sign.
The main flavors I taste are malt and cocoa. It kinda has that earthy, almost woody aftertaste. Earthiness isn’t really something I love in a tea, but the chocolate and malt notes really overrule it, so it’s drinkable.
I’m so glad that I got a lot of this!!
ALSO! It’s the kind of tea that’s easy to figure out how much to steep. So wins all around! XD Yah for not wasting my money! :D :D

Flavors: Chocolate, Cocoa, Earth, Honey, Malt, Wood

boychik

Congrats!!!
was it free ship or you paid 5.95?

Cameron B.

I need to try this tea again, it’s been too long. I tried an older tea earlier and my reaction to it was very different than the last time. :P Changing palate!

Ost

One order I got free shipping on, and the other I just got the cheapest shipping. Think it was closer to 3 though.
But both arrived today.

Lariel of Lórien

Nice! That’s a great choice.

What else did you order?

Ost

Cameron B I got Superfine Tan Yang Gong Fu Black tea, Yun Nan Dian Hong, and for my samples I got, Da Hong Pao Big Red Robe, Bi Lou Chun Green, and a Dragonwell. Can’t wait to try all of it!

Comments

boychik

Congrats!!!
was it free ship or you paid 5.95?

But both arrived today.

Lariel of Lórien

Nice! That’s a great choice.

What else did you order?

Ost

I’m not too sharp with intros, but I figured it is about time to give it a go.
I started out drinking oolong and green tea that my dad brought home from his China business trips.
Then I discovered Teavana, and fell in love with some of their teas. Eventually I stumbled across Steepster, and a whole ‘nother world opened up.
Have discovered so many different kinds of teas, and have been loving this journey! The tea world is insanely big and amazing! And I’ve met some of the kindest people here who have broadened my horizons in more ways I could have imagined! Happy to be here, and to be drinking so many amazing teas! :D

I don’t have an official rating system yet…but pretty much anything about 85 is amazing in my book, and I’m probably going to keep it on stock at all times if I can.
Anything below 70 is not my cuppa tea….at all. 0_0
But…that’s as far as my rating system really goes. One day I will have an official one! Just too lazy to make one now :P

I like pretty much any kind of tea except green tea. Unless it’s genmaicha or strongly flavored, I don’t like it usually.

My Tea Goals:
To find the Best Caramel Tea
To find the Best Vanilla Tea
To find the Best Da Yu Ling Oolong
To find the Best Malty Assam Tea
To find the Best Genmaicha
To find the Best Maple/Syrup Tea

Notes I like: Fruit(primarily peach, melon/honeydew, Banana, Kiwi, but I’m open to other kinds), Malt, Desserts (Toffee, Cake, Cookie,etc), Vanilla, Caramel, Floral, Sweet potato, Pastry/Bread,Jasmine, Honey, Cocoa, Chocolate, Maple, Nutty, Coconut, Almond.

Notes I’m Picky with: Lemon, Chai, Roasted, Blueberries, Hibiscus, Smoke, Earthiness, Puerhs, White Teas, and Cinnamon

Notes I hate: Citrus/Orange (Everything that I hate in this life that I have to take for my health is orange flavored, and it just makes me gag…so please…just no), Watermelon, Raspberry, Wood, Apple, Bacon, Lavender, Most mints, Pepper, Spicy, Tart/sour.

Yes, I am a picky tea drinker, but I’ll usually try any straight black or oolong tea that I receive. I like most oolongs, and I’m still discovering straight blacks. They always seem to surprise me no matter what!

And Swaps! I’m always down for swapping. Everything in my cupboard is swap-able. So just hit me up and send a message and we can totally do that!

On an unrelated to tea note, my other interests are limited due to health issues. But when I can, I enjoy reading and writing. Watching Netflix and YouTube have also been fantastic when I feel awful (which is most of the time).
I love Rifftrax, Rooster Teeth, Dexter, Hannibal, BBC’s Robin Hood, Sherlock, Doctor Who, Psych, and Parks and Rec.
Love watching all sorts of movies too, but that would be too much to list. :P
I’m definitely more of an internet person and love talking to people on every website I’m on. So if you ever wanna chat, shoot me a message! ^^

California, USA