drank Golden Honey Dew by Lupicia

Yesssss! FINALLY get to try this. I’ve been RIDICULOUSLY excited about this tea. Like you have no idea.xD Ever since I had their Melon Oolong I’ve been desperate to try the famous Golden Honeydew!
Not even exaggerating. I ordered 5 tins of this tea. That’s kinda a big risk xD But I figured if it’s anything like Melon Oolong it will just be incredible and I should stock up on it while I can. :P
Well. Good news, guys. I didn’t waste my money!
Kinda feel a bit bummed out about the Momoko tea, but I was not disappointed by this one.
When I opened the bag I was hit by a strong wave of honeydew. Ugh. It was amazing. One of the strongest teas I’ve ever smelled.
As for taste, the initial taste was strong like the smell but it didn’t seem to last all throughout the actual drink. This probably won’t make sense…but you know when you swallow a tea and it tastes different from when you first sip it? That’s kinda how this tea is. Perhaps it’s the rooibos base that makes it taste like the flavor doesn’t last all the way through…but…I don’t know.
Haha that probably makes 0 sense. xD You just gotta try it and you’ll understand what I mean! :P But it’s an amazing tea overall. I think I might actually like the melon oolong and this one the same. They’re both wonderful teas and I’m glad I didn’t waste my money. Definitely worth trying!!
But if any of you order from Lupicia and this flavor isn’t available, definitely order Melon Oolong, because it’s pretty similar!
Both are amazing!! :D :D

Flavors: Honeydew, Melon, Sweet

Mandy

Phew, glad you like it so much, 5 tins is a heck of a lot when it comes to teas you don’t care for.

Yeah…I was pretty confident I would like it. xD

boychik

And you would see a line of ppl dying to buy it from you in a case you didn’t like it.

True haha!
Well if anyone is interested in trying it, hit me up and I can send ya some! (:

Marzipan

If you decide to sell a tin…

Haha I think I might like it too much to do that. :P
But if I happen to get sick of it before I finish all 5 cans I’ll let youguys know haha

albertocanfly

Oh my lordy! FIVE tins?! Hahaah, you are one crazy lady! I’m going to be hearing about this tea for agesss now…tehehe:P Glad that you adore it so much!

Haha it probably won’t last too long, so don’t worry :P haha

Rie T.

Thanks for this review, good to know what to look for the next time I go to Lupicia! :D I love their fruity teas.

Ost

Definitely will not disappoint!

Lariel of Lórien

I haven’t decided if i prefer this or Melon Oolong.

Comments

Mandy

Yeah…I was pretty confident I would like it. xD

boychik

True haha!
Well if anyone is interested in trying it, hit me up and I can send ya some! (:

Marzipan

If you decide to sell a tin…

Haha I think I might like it too much to do that. :P

albertocanfly

Haha it probably won’t last too long, so don’t worry :P haha

Rie T.

Ost

Definitely will not disappoint!

Lariel of Lórien

I haven’t decided if i prefer this or Melon Oolong.

I’m not too sharp with intros, but I figured it is about time to give it a go.
I started out drinking oolong and green tea that my dad brought home from his China business trips.
Then I discovered Teavana, and fell in love with some of their teas. Eventually I stumbled across Steepster, and a whole ‘nother world opened up.
Have discovered so many different kinds of teas, and have been loving this journey! The tea world is insanely big and amazing! And I’ve met some of the kindest people here who have broadened my horizons in more ways I could have imagined! Happy to be here, and to be drinking so many amazing teas! :D

My rating system:
1-59: Really really not a fan. An awful cup of tea for me…Totally undrinkable.

60-69: Not horrible, but not something I’d ever drink again willingly.

70-79: Pretty good. Wouldn’t mind drinking ever so often. But not a keeper.

80-100: FREAKIN’ AMAZING. Always keeping on stock in my home!!

I like pretty much any kind of tea except green tea. Unless it’s genmaicha or strongly flavored, I don’t like it usually.

My Tea Goals:
To find the Best Caramel Tea
To find the Best Vanilla Tea
To find the Best floral Oolong
To find the Best Malty Assam Tea
To find the Best Maple/Syrup Tea

Notes I like: Fruit(primarily peach, melon/honeydew, Banana, Kiwi, but I’m open to other kinds), Malt, Desserts (Toffee, Cake, Cookie,etc), Vanilla, Caramel, Floral, Sweet potato, Pastry/Bread,Jasmine, Honey, Cocoa, Chocolate, Maple, Nutty, Coconut, Almond.

Notes I’m Picky with: Lemon, Chai, Roasted, Blueberries, Hibiscus, Smoke, Earthiness, Puerhs, White Teas, and Cinnamon

Notes I hate: Citrus/Orange (Everything that I hate in this life that I have to take for my health is orange flavored, and it just makes me gag…so please…just no), Watermelon, Raspberry, Wood, Apple, Bacon, Lavender, Most mints, Pepper, Spicy, Tart/sour.

Yes, I am a picky tea drinker, but I’ll usually try any straight black or oolong tea that I receive. I like most oolongs, and I’m still discovering straight blacks. They always seem to surprise me no matter what!

And Swaps! I’m always down for swapping. Everything in my cupboard is swap-able. So just hit me up and send a message and we can totally do that!

On an unrelated to tea note, my other interests are limited due to health issues. But when I can, I enjoy reading and writing. Watching Netflix and YouTube have also been fantastic when I feel awful (which is most of the time).
I love Rifftrax, Rooster Teeth, Dexter, Hannibal, BBC’s Robin Hood, Sherlock, Doctor Who, Psych, and Parks and Rec.
Love watching all sorts of movies too, but that would be too much to list. :P
I’m definitely more of an internet person and love talking to people on every website I’m on. So if you ever wanna chat, shoot me a message! ^^

California, USA