drank Ti Kuan Yin by Shan Wai Shan Tea

The leaves of this Iron Goddess are medium to darker in color, but they are distinctively more buttery and vegetal overall in flavor. I don’t really pick up many floral or fruity notes on this one. It’s not plain, but rather a nice basic oolong with a very nice amber colored liquid.

Usually, this is a decent option when I’m not really in the mood for something specific. The leaves produce lower amounts of astringency and there is a nice warm amount of energy after drinking it’s tea.

I’m a southern boy that relocated to the Mid-West and has an intense love for high quality loose leaf tea! This is no doubt, a passion I intend to enjoy and pursue for the rest of my life! I love the art of tea, and the expression of it’s culture in each cup.

You can also follow me here:

Typically, I’m a straight tea and loose-leaf type of drinker. Black teas (especially Taiwanese blacks), Greener Oolong and Sheng Pu-erhs are top on my list!

Don’t get me wrong though, I do like me some darker, roasted oolongs, shu puerhs, greens and whites are a must as well!