Thank you Angel at Teavivre for this nice sample!

This tea really through a curve ball to my taste buds. The dry leaves smell really good – like fresh cut sugarcane, dripping with liquid honey. When you take your first sip, there is a certain pungency,slightly bitter, very direct and distinct , but not unpleasant. The feeling to the tongue feels medicinal, almost overwhelming.

Then, there is a pause in the tornadic winds of taste, to a gentle breeze of sunshine and sweetness. It brightens just as quickly as it was dark, now there is something special. A rainbow of smooth oolong with a very minty, lingering aftertaste. The sensation in the mouth is clean, pure and tranquil peace. Exactly what one wants and NEEDS after a long week.

I’m shocked by the multitude of flavors found in this oolong. No wonder why it’s a popular choice of tea!

ashmanra

Oh, how I love this one!

Comments

ashmanra

Oh, how I love this one!

I’m a southern boy that relocated to the Mid-West that has an intense love for high quality loose leaf tea! This is no doubt, a passion I intend to enjoy and pursue for the rest of my life! I love the art of tea, and the expression of it’s culture in each cup.

You can also follow me here:

Blog:

Twitter:

Typically, I’m a straight tea and loose-leaf type of drinker. Black teas (especially Taiwanese blacks), Greener Oolong and Sheng Pu-erhs are top on my list!

Don’t get me wrong though, I do like me some darker, roasted oolongs, shu puerhs, greens and whites are a must as well!

I guess the only way to get the bigger picture is to start with that I love tea. Almost all traditional teas are welcomed, and I have been know to try a few flavored or blended teas.

Mid-West USA