drank White Peony King by Shang Tea

Yet another great sample provide by LiberTEAS

This tea totally caught me off guard. There is a nice creaminess, thicker body to this tea. The flavor seems toastier than other whites I’ve tried in the past. I could not find any bitterness, only a little tartness if the leaves are left to continue steeping with the pot as you drink.

There is a certain wintergreen taste, or maybe its more spruce pine needles. Whatever it is, I’m really liking it! One other note I’m picking up is a little spiciness as well. Can’t really tell exactly. Almost reminds me of some sort of chai mix. Nonetheless, this was a great tea and hope to enjoy more of this soon.

Azzrian

Shang Tea is amazing!

ashmanra

I may have to look into this company.

Pureleaf

Azzrian, this was my first tea from Shang Tea, and from what I can tell you are 100% correct! This was certainly a nice tea. Loved it!

Comments

Azzrian

Shang Tea is amazing!

ashmanra

I may have to look into this company.

Pureleaf

I’m a southern boy that relocated to the Mid-West that has an intense love for high quality loose leaf tea! This is no doubt, a passion I intend to enjoy and pursue for the rest of my life! I love the art of tea, and the expression of it’s culture in each cup.

You can also follow me here:

Blog:

Twitter:

Typically, I’m a straight tea and loose-leaf type of drinker. Black teas (especially Taiwanese blacks), Greener Oolong and Sheng Pu-erhs are top on my list!

Don’t get me wrong though, I do like me some darker, roasted oolongs, shu puerhs, greens and whites are a must as well!

I guess the only way to get the bigger picture is to start with that I love tea. Almost all traditional teas are welcomed, and I have been know to try a few flavored or blended teas.

Mid-West USA