Whoa!!! I really wasn’t truly prepared for this tea. It is nothing short of amazing – no joke. Cutting to the chase, it’s a mix between a Taiwanese Sun Moon Lake and Laoshan Black that I’ve had from Verdant Teas. Yes, I’ll go on the record and say it’s that good!

After warming the gaiwan and letting the heat activate the dry leaves as they sit with lid closed for 5 seconds. There are wonderful notes of ripe apricots and fresh cut sugar cane. Add a little hot water for 5 seconds, for the first infusion, and you now have an aroma of raisins, oven dried apples chips and interestingly enough, buttery hominy.

The liquid definitely has the fruitiness similar to some of the Taiwanese Black Assamica strain that I’ve tried, along with a complimenting light coca creaminess. It is very smooth, bright and leaves a clean, minty taste to the mouth – without any bitterness!

I must say, THANK YOU to Thomas at Siam Tee Shop for this one! It was included in a sampler that I purchased and I’m really glad that he was generous to release this lovely tea. I would not have been offended (now that I have tasted and seen its great brew), if he would have hidden and kept it to himself. You couldn’t blame him at all! Wonderfully delicious black tea!

You check out this tea and decide for yourself here: http://siam-tee.de/product_info.php?products_id=41

You will not be disappointed!

Pyra Gorgon

Now I want to go out and buy this tea! Great review.

Thomas Edward(Toad)

Pyra you really should get some of this Tea, It is delicuous!

Pyra Gorgon

I think you are right, Tommy the Toad.

Thank you for the link!

Pyra Gorgon

8 euro isn’t so bad a price for 100 grams. plus another 3.45 euro for shipping. ( will wait till USD to EUR get more parity)

Terri HarpLady

Wow…now I want some of this one!

mm sounds delicious!

Comments

Pyra Gorgon

Now I want to go out and buy this tea! Great review.

Thomas Edward(Toad)

Pyra you really should get some of this Tea, It is delicuous!

Pyra Gorgon

I think you are right, Tommy the Toad.

Thank you for the link!

Terri HarpLady

Wow…now I want some of this one!

mm sounds delicious!

I’m a southern boy that relocated to the Mid-West that has an intense love for high quality loose leaf tea! This is no doubt, a passion I intend to enjoy and pursue for the rest of my life! I love the art of tea, and the expression of it’s culture in each cup.

You can also follow me here:

Blog:

Twitter:

Typically, I’m a straight tea and loose-leaf type of drinker. Black teas (especially Taiwanese blacks), Greener Oolong and Sheng Pu-erhs are top on my list!

Don’t get me wrong though, I do like me some darker, roasted oolongs, shu puerhs, greens and whites are a must as well!

I guess the only way to get the bigger picture is to start with that I love tea. Almost all traditional teas are welcomed, and I have been know to try a few flavored or blended teas.

Mid-West USA