Chose to gongfu steep this one. Wow – this tea brew a nice clean, thick liquid. The aroma is spicy in its chai-likeness, yet has deep hay notes and a sweet molasses and oats thickness. This tea is pretty remarkable in how it continues to produce several cups without weakening. I may load up on this one on my next purchase. Thank you, Silk Road Teas for including this generous sample with my purchase!

I’m a southern boy that relocated to the Mid-West that has an intense love for high quality loose leaf tea! This is no doubt, a passion I intend to enjoy and pursue for the rest of my life! I love the art of tea, and the expression of it’s culture in each cup.

You can also follow me here:

Blog:

Twitter:

Typically, I’m a straight tea and loose-leaf type of drinker. Black teas (especially Taiwanese blacks), Greener Oolong and Sheng Pu-erhs are top on my list!

Don’t get me wrong though, I do like me some darker, roasted oolongs, shu puerhs, greens and whites are a must as well!

I guess the only way to get the bigger picture is to start with that I love tea. Almost all traditional teas are welcomed, and I have been know to try a few flavored or blended teas.

Mid-West USA