This is my Amazon.com review of this tea (too lazy to re-type):
Hard to describe: sort of a chemical aftertaste, reminiscent of burnt plastic and stale water from a rubber water bladder. Nice red-orange color, so it would look great if all you had this for was to stare at.

I totally do not like this puerh.

This is the kind of tea you serve to get rid of guests who have overstayed their welcome.

I did learn that if this tea gets strong on the steep, it gets NASTY. Also, you need to use hot water, around 180. Hotter brings the icky out.

I am into puerh teas: raw & cooked, aged or ripened. A good friend of mine sent me a sample of a puerh tea and I fell in love. Before that time, I really only drank black teas, and those were iced! Obviously I was tea challenged.

Puerh teas are very unique, I’ve found. I have even had different tastes come from the same beeng cha! Mostly my collection is ripe (cooked) puerh from Yunnan region only. I intend to branch out my tasting horizons into raw puerhs, and if I can afford them, some aged raw puerhs. (the really good ones tend to be pricey, like over $50 for a tea cake pricey)

I do enjoy a good oolong or cuppa black tea, but mostly my enjoyment and passion is for puerh teas.

St. Louis, MO