This puerh is very good. It has earthy tones without having that “composted” odor or flavor.

On the first hot water pour, it gives off a very earthy tea scent, but the aroma is evanescent, replaced by a more traditional black tea smell.

This is a solid performer in your cup. Beautiful reddish orange color, reminding of a autumn sunset. The tea has body to it and just a teeny tiny amount of hou yun, not much, and had this been an aged raw puerh, I am certain it would have been there.

My only regret about this puerh is that I did not buy two beeng cha when first purchased!!!

I am into puerh teas: raw & cooked, aged or ripened. A good friend of mine sent me a sample of a puerh tea and I fell in love. Before that time, I really only drank black teas, and those were iced! Obviously I was tea challenged.

Puerh teas are very unique, I’ve found. I have even had different tastes come from the same beeng cha! Mostly my collection is ripe (cooked) puerh from Yunnan region only. I intend to branch out my tasting horizons into raw puerhs, and if I can afford them, some aged raw puerhs. (the really good ones tend to be pricey, like over $50 for a tea cake pricey)

I do enjoy a good oolong or cuppa black tea, but mostly my enjoyment and passion is for puerh teas.

St. Louis, MO